Pages

March 3, 2011

A Short Update

First I'll apologize for the lack of pictures. I have taken a few, and I will even admit that when I picked up my camera this afternoon that it still had Christmas pictures left on the memory card (ouch!). I had big plans of taking Monty to the nature center today, I even put him in an extra cute outfit, but by the time we had made it to our first "picture-taking-spot" Monty was snoozing away in his stroller. Crap. Two hours and several miles of walking later, I ended up waking him up to put him back in his car seat :-(

So due to the lack of good weather and my poor planning, we are picture-less. Sorry.

Now for a Monty update.

He has really started to mature, and is just growing up so fast. It seems like he learns something new each day. Right now his current vocabulary includes:
  • Ready
  • More (in relation to food)
  • Moma
  • Daddy
  • Dog (followed by woof-woof)
  • Ball
  • Nana & Papa
  • And a few different words in sign language that he has learned at the baby sitters
His current loves of life are balls, mega blocks and generally getting into things that he shouldn't be in. He loves to go through the drawers in the bathroom, and rearrange everything. He thinks it's hilarious to pull off his shoes and socks. And, has made the leap from formula to whole milk in just a couple of weeks.

He has recently gone through a growth spurt as well. I actually just noticed this today when two pairs of his pants were too short, bummer! He has also outgrown all of his shoes, which has left me in a small frenzy because he still isn't walking, and I'm just not a big fan of buying more crib or pre-walker shoes since he's so big now. Hopefully he'll take the leap into the wonderful world of walking soon.

2 comments:

  1. So how big is he now? I just saw on FB that he is walking a little! How exciting! I love when they can walk. I think they are happier and makes things easier for you too. Don't have to carry so much.

    I think it's so funny that he has a bigger vocabulary than Ana! She is almost 21 months now and says "Hi" "Daddy" and "No". And she says the last too so infrequently that we are always shocked and make a big deal when she says them :) But she sure does know how to communicate. I guess she figures what she's doing is working, so why bother talking. Caleb was speaking in sentences by her age. Funny how they are all so different.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww!!! So cute! I can't wait to meet the little darling!

    I loved the "woof, woof"!

    Katie :)

    ReplyDelete