Pages

January 31, 2010

Some Adult Reading...

As part of my new years resolution I vowed that I would make some time to read a few books this year that have nothing to do with baby Monty. I'm hoping this will help me keep my sanity when I'm knee deep in diapers, breastfeeding and play dates that have consumed my life - and I have officially finished my first book of the year!

The Time Traveler's Wife, by Audrey Niffenegger

It took me a bit longer then I had expected, but I finally finished it only 31 days into the year! It's like no other book I've ever read, its from multiple perspectives and from all the different phases of life. You get to hear the story told though the perspective of a 5 year old all the way up to an 80 year old women. It's a bit hard to get a hold of at first, but then soon you find yourself following along easily.

It was a great break from all the baby books and magazines that I've been reading, and would def. recommend it to a friend as a nice casual read. One of the nice things about this book is that its divided up into a million small stories that are anywhere from 1-2 pages long, to the length of a normal chapter. This makes it easy to set it down in a hurry if you need to - but it also made it harder to keep reading because you can easily get distracted and set the book down. This would be a perfect book for a mom who has her hands full and just needs a little alone time each day.

Onto book number two...

1 comment:

  1. Hi Benitta!

    Thanks for following, I'm sure it will only get more interesting and I talk about the crazyness that's sure to arise once baby Monty gets here!

    Thanks for the comment!
    Becky

    ReplyDelete