Pages

December 15, 2009

Our 8 Month Appointment and New Doctor

So, our 8 month appointment went very well. I was able to meet my new doctor, Tama Franklin, and after meeting with her I was very relieved. I'm sure you read my post before about all the worries and troubles I was having finding a new doctor so late in my pregnancy, but she was very nice and took extra time to get to know both myself and Monty. She went through all of my files that I brought along from my last doctor's office and told me she was relieved that everything was up to date and that I was very healthy.

My favorite part of the visit was after I asked the most feared question from any pregnant women - "Is my weight gain okay?".  After fumbling through my paperwork a little she looked at my starting weight, 135 pounds, and what I weighted currently.....gasp.....a womping 170 pounds. Yes that's right folks, I have officially reached the top of that 25-35 pounds that "your supposed to gain". I was about to ask her advice on how to not gain so much weight in the time I have remaining when she said "actually you look to be right on track......I would tell you that you can gain anywhere from 45-50 pounds" I was in complete shock! But then she continued to say that since I was underweight prior, taller then average, and that I didn't really look overweight, that she wasn't concerned at all and said it would be perfectly healthy if I gained another 10 pounds or so. Well I have to tell you, that just made my fat pregnant lady day!

No comments:

Post a Comment